Thursday, February 9, 2012

Blogging about blogging

At the end of my lunch break today, I wrote about my break in a fair amount of detail. It had been a frustrating one, between not finding anything good to eat to not being able to find somewhere quiet to sit, and all the while being grumpy because I was hungry and also, it's *that* time of month.  I had intended to post it on my blog. But I didn't, because that wasn't all there was to the day, and most of the day was much better.

I know my posts are becoming longer. I feel like they're flowing more naturally from mind to keyboard. I hope they're not becoming boring! As I clean out the clutter from my apartment - and by extension, from my mind - I'm finding more to write about.

I used to use writing as a form of therapy when I was in my teens. Those were troubled years for me, and I felt like I had no one to talk to except my pen and paper. I guess I'm kind of doing the same thing here, with my blog. It's a way of working through what's going on in my head. I wouldn't consider myself troubled now; in fact, I'm quite happy with how my life has turned out, and as I work through my gender identity issues/questions, it just keeps getting better.

I've also become more of a reader than I have been in the last...well, number of years, and I've subscribed to a number of blogs through Google Reader. The topics vary from gender transitions, to photography, to Second Life fashion, to minimalism. I do enjoy keeping up on what others are doing and writing about, it was just such a chore until I figured out how to use Reader. Now I get all my new reading on one page, love it!

Sorry if this post doesn't make a lot of sense, it's past midnight and I need to get some sleep. Talk to you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment