Sunday, June 12, 2011

Hormone therapy, of a sort

Never thought I'd do it, but I'm going to talk with someone tomorrow about starting a sort of hormone therapy.

I'm not looking to transition fully to a male, but I want to go about halfway, come as close to a physical androgyne as I can get without massive amounts of surgery and medications. So tomorrow afternoon, I have an appointment at the clinic to see about starting on birth control to get my periods to stop.

I've disliked my monthly cycles for a long time, even before identifying as an androgyne. Before, it was a more practical matter - the cramps, the mood swings, keeping from staining my clothes. But it's become more of a gender issue, too. I've actually come to enjoy the emotional ups and downs through the month, but they serve as a reminder that I'm still "all girl."

So, we'll see what she says at my appointment tomorrow. I'm really nervous, very much hoping she'll approve the meds, and at the same time scared about how they will affect my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment