Monday, June 27, 2011

Girly stuff

Quick entry this time - I don't have much to say right now and it's midnight and time for me to sleep, but it's been a week since my last post.

Since I've acknowledged and accepted my being an androgyne, and since I began really allowing myself to express the male side of me, I've started allowing myself to like "girly" stuff. Not super-girly, like Barbie or Hannah Montana girly. More like teenage girl stuff.

For example, when I got my new cell phone earlier this year, I bought for it a turquoise case with an argyle pattern on the back. My little day planner has blue, green, and tan stripes and circle patterns on it. And I have a little wire sunflower decoration at my desk at work. So, yeah, not "cutesie" girly, but still feminine.

A year ago, I would have resisted liking stuff like that, and even called it stupid. But now, I think it's cute, and I'm okay with having it around.

No comments:

Post a Comment